Brikp

I've thought about it but there are so many other giveaways they are fake
and it would just be a pain to explain to everyone why....

What I DID do, that's a bit more in keeping with original intent...

I installed louvered on the second floor and raised panel on the first
floor. This was originally done when security was of a concern for the first
floor and ventilation was of concern on the second. My louvered on the
second floor are upside down though.

I would love to have a place with real, operable, shutters. Why don't houses
in hurricane areas have them? Seems people either have metal roll down storm
shades or scrap plywood over their windows. Makes me laugh when I see a
window flanked with fake shutters and some plywood nailed up between!

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
I was just wondering if anyone putting up those ubiquitous non-functional
louvered window shutters ever stuck them to the wall with the louveres
pointing in the direction they would if those shutters were real?

Did the practice of puting them up "inside-out" begin the first time
someone nailed a pair to a wall?

Not to mention that most of the ones I see are the wrong width to cover
the window if they *were* hinged.

Happy Holidays guys,

Jeff
--