Appliance Repair Aid

William W. Plummer wrote:
Leroy Mowry wrote:
"Janet" wrote in message

I have a fairly new Kenmore (Whirlpool) 20.6cuft refrigerator,

Model
64252. I know that newer energy efficient refrigerators can make
strange sounds, but I'm concerned about mine.
During the first few minutes after the compressor cycles on, there

are
sometimes strange sounds ,almost like scraping, in addition to the
normal refrigerant sounds. Is this normal? It doesn't happen all

the
time but it does happen fairly often.
Thanks!

I don't know about replacing the compressor motor or such
but I also bought a Whirlpool years ago and it's so loud that I
couldn't sleep. And it runs everytime I open the fridge. I was
hoping an Alaskan bear would make off with it. The previous
unit I had was super quiet and never cycle on and off every
time I open its door.

We bought a Kenmore a few months ago. It makes a lot of noise.
Annoying, but I don't know if there is anything to do.

Hi,

Might be best to call and have them check the unit and noises out, esp
while still under the warranty ( if it is ).

http://www.applianceaid.com/images/fridgenoises.JPG
Some common noises refrigerators make.

Model 64252.

Not a model#, Kenmore model#'s are more like 123.45678910 or 123
45678910

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html

Some model# helps, if needed.
jeff.