George

And no video needed.

I prefer a Bedan or standard beading tool for close beads. Its geometry is
your friend, and you also get a great tenon sizer in the bargain.

"Bill Rubenstein" wrote in message
. net...
I just don't see beating yourself up trying to do beads with a skew when

it is usually
unnecessary. A 3/8 beading and parting tool is much friendlier and easier

to use and
will turn 95% of the beads which you will need to turn.

Martin Pidgeon is as good a spindle turner as I've ever seen working and

he uses the beading
and parting tool. He is fast, accurate and gets a very good finish. If

it is good enough
for him it is good enough for me.

Bill

In article s.com,

says...
Ron,

I'll echo what Bruce says. Get a copy of Alan Lacer's video on the skew
chisel. He not only shows you the right way to make each of the many

cuts,
he also shows you where they can go wrong. I got my copy last week and

am
still looking at it. The man can do anything with the skew except make

it
sing! A very good investment.

Harry