Joseph Meehan

fermat wrote:
Hello hvac pros

My 30 yr old home electric furnace (Amana) has recently had an
electical "fuse board" failure. The board burned completely through
(an area about 1.5 inches sq) under fuse holders in 2 places. One 60
Amp fuses did blow. And it's getting cold in my house right now.

Now I want/need to replace the fuse circuit board myself. I don't care
or worry about getting electrocuted :-) I shut off the power to it and
I already removed the bad one. But, I am having difficulty finding a
replacement part for it. I called several local Hvac shops here in
Phoenix (A/C dealer and repair heaven) but they won't sell me a part
or even tell me where to get one. They even suggest buying a whole new
furnace and A/C system! I've search the web and I can't find a part
there either, I can't even find the bad-board part number. But the
furnace model number is EFL 2070-1A. Can someone help me out? Tell me
where I can get a part? Or a substitute for the original part?
Thanks guys

First consider it is 30 years old. Finding parts may not be easy or
possible. Who knows that may be next or how soon.

You can rig some sort of Buba fix, but you run some risk there as well
if you want to sell the home or if there is some sort of failure and the
insurance company finds it and decides not to cover you.

It might be time to take this as an opportunity to upgrade. I am going
to guess that you could save money using a heat pump and that may pay the
cost of the new system over time. How old is the A/C If it is very old I
am sure you will be able to get a good payback.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math