Gunner

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 21:43:38 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
... Why spend several days making a trailer ...

Uhh ... because it's recreational metalworking??

I love to make "stuff" and have wasted my share of time on useless projects.
It is just that more than once, when finished, I analyzed the "savings", and
couldn't find any. It would have been cheaper to just go buy the damn
thing, and do other things with the time. Like going bowling, or taking a
nap.

Recreational metalworking? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Steve

While at times it may be cheaper in "cost" to purchase something, its
Cash that means everything.

If you dont have any cash...you do whatever it takes to get the job
done, even if it takes weeks.

How many of you have modified something you designed to utilize what
you had on hand, rather than going out, paying Cash for the stuff to
utilize your original design.

I damned sure know I design based on what I have on hand, rather than
the often times easier or marginally better or more elegant design
that requires expendeture of money better spent on a house payment or
food.

Necessity is indeed, the mother of invention. And necessity is a
mother.

Gunner

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third
hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're
around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right
before demode` (out of fashion).
-Buddy Jordan 2001