tylerexperience tylerexperience is offline
Junior Member

Default Fisher Camcorder Playback Problem

I have a Fisher Camcorder model # FVC-880. The audio plays back fine but the video isn't. The video plays back clear as a bell in the viewfinder until the AV jack is hooked to a vcr/tv/computer. Then the picture in the viewfinder and on the tv or computer screen looks like it's being played through dirty heads. It only happens when the rca plug is plugged in to both the camera and the tv/vcr. If I leave it plugged into the camera but unplug the tv end the picture in the viewfinder goes back to clear. If I play a tape in the camcorder and leave the plug connected at both ends and change the AV switch from output to input the picture from the tape in the viewfinder goes back to normal then too. I would guess it's a short somewhere in the AV jack but it would have to be located before the AV in/out switch since turning it to in seems to take the short out of the circuit. I have plenty of common sense but no real experience with electronic repair so explain it like I'm an idiot.

thanks,

joe