Chris

Default finishing on MDF

I'm making a couple of racks for my vinyl out of MDF and I stained them
ebony. I put on two coats of the stain and they look great, but now the
stain rubs off a bit when I pick the cases up and I'm afraid the same will
happen when I slide my vinyl in and out of the cases. What would you guys
suggest? I was thinking of applying a spray on poly, but any other
suggestions are welcome. I'm primarily concerned about the stain rubbing
off, less so than I am about long term wear and tear protection on the case.
Thanks a bunch,
Chris