Ron

I subscribed to both cable TV and cable internet simultainiously. When
Comcast took it over I switched to Direct TV, but kept my cable internet
service, because cable kept on increasing it's subscription rates at least
once a year and I got fed up with being screwed over.

Then, about a year and a half ago, I got notified by Comcast, my internet
provider, that if I didn't subscribe to cable TV and the internet they would
increase my internet subscription by almost $20.00/month. I emailed them
telling them I wouldn't be strong-armed into buying their cable TV service
and if they persisted I would go to DSL. I received a response pretty much
telling me that it was the policy and they were not going to change, so I
gladly switched.---cable still arrogantly treats consumers as if they are
the only service in town. I'll never go back to cable.

Direct TV is great and I've never had any problems with it.

"FreespiritedFem" wrote in message
I'd like to hear from various customers of all the different methods of
receiving TV stations regarding cost and service satisfaction. I heard

there
is a current sale with Direct TV where you get service and install on 4

TV's
for $50. I don't know if this is as good as it sounds or if the sale is

still
even on. Any replies are appreciated. Also does the best system depend

on
geographic area? I'm in Phila. PA area. Sherry