John Rumm

Colin Irvine wrote:

i.e. I leave the boiler permanently on (it has no programmer of its own,
other than the on/off switch), and set the programmable stat to control
everything.

... whereas most of the time we're relying on the boiler timer to
switch it on and off, and only rarely (in freezing conditions) leave
the boiler permanently on. That's the opposite to you - same as Dave.

Fairy snuff... same as me but only when freezing, otherwise same as Dave.

Any particular reason you switch methods like that?

--
Cheers,

John.