James Sweet

"NSM" wrote in message news:rJQtd.6601$Ya4.2719@edtnps84...

"BWL" wrote in message
| This guy probably bought up all the existing old Polavision lenses from
the
| early 80's. My dad and I actually built one of these, and it worked,
although
| we had to do considerable work to the set to fix the keystone effect,
Also, the
| picture was very dark, requiring an almost totally dark room to be able

see
| anything, and the individual phosphor dots were clearly visible on the
image...

Don't you have to reverse the yoke connections also? I like the picture

with
the bright wall lights on - not likely!

Depends on whether you want front or rear projection, either way it's a
silly idea, there's much more modern ways to hack together mediocre
projection TV's these days, as well as a plentiful supply of old real
projection TV's, I've gotten 4 or 5 of them for free over the last few
years, and most required a lot less work to fix up than building something
from scratch would take.