Harry B. Pye

Bill,

I just don't see beating yourself up trying to do beads with a skew when

it is usually
unnecessary. A 3/8 beading and parting tool is much friendlier and easier

to use and
will turn 95% of the beads which you will need to turn.

I don't disagree with your comment about ease of use. But with a skew you
get a much better finish. Alan Lacer demonstrates the difference in the
quality of a shoulder cut made with a parting tool and with a skew. The skew
wins hands down. This may not be a big deal to you or to me, but to a
production turner getting a nearly finished product directly from the tool
is important. But like everything else in this hobby, you do what works for
you.

Harry