wayne

I just switched from cable to Dish no way I would go back I have a PVR that
takes care of 2 TVs. I have a TV in the bedroom and no box at all. It can
record 100hr of TV and I can pause and rewind live TV since it has 2 tuners
I can do PIP. Not quite as good as Tivo but I felt the package was better
from DISH. I still have cable internet but have been toying with DSL but
Comcast draws you in with the 3 MB download speed which works pretty well
where I have probably 1/2-2/3rd of the homes in my neighborhood have cable
access but the backbone is new so it does not bog down.

Between Dish and Direct you need to look at the packages they offer and what
fits your viewing. Each has pluses and minuses. Dish now has Sirius radio
also. I don't use it but you might.

Wayne

"FreespiritedFem" wrote in message
I'd like to hear from various customers of all the different methods of
receiving TV stations regarding cost and service satisfaction. I heard
there
is a current sale with Direct TV where you get service and install on 4
TV's
for $50. I don't know if this is as good as it sounds or if the sale is
still
even on. Any replies are appreciated. Also does the best system depend
on
geographic area? I'm in Phila. PA area. Sherry