Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" writes:
In article ,
Ian Edwards wrote:
If he did have some 'lying around' it still makes it so old it should
be replaced. I've never seen PVC twin cable with no earth.

Last available in the '60's? - I'm old enough to remember it. :-(

Yup. Should have said 1 or 1.5mm PVC twin cable with no earth. IMHO, TW&E
3/0.29 in PVC had become the norm long before metrication came along.
Although many simply cut off the ECC.

My parents house, which is somewhere in later half of 1950's,
is all PVC T&E. The earths in the lighting circuits were not
joined in the junction boxes though, they were all neatly
brought around the outside of the boxes and very tightly
twisted together in a 6" length. There are marks on the
twisted bundles which look like it was done with some tool
which did it tightly and crimped them, but without actually
leaving any crimp on the bundle.

--
Andrew Gabriel