Walter Wickersham

I'll try changing the IC and checking the zener, Thanks...

How I got into service menu was press SLEEP then Quickly press DISPLAY
and VIDEO STATUS

Rono wrote:
Iv'e done many of these! I'm sure you know, but change
the LA7832, or whatever is the vertical IC! There are a
couple of different #'s! Check the 75 volt zener by the IC!
I never had one too high before, or after servicing it! How do
you get into the service menu? Rono.

"Walter Wickersham" wrote in message

Greetings, I too have a AV-27920 with that symptom, and after replacing
the following capacitors it works almost like new... However the
vertical position is still a bit high (even If I go into service menu
and adjust it, it's still about 1/4-1/2" higher than it should be)

Are there any other parts that may need replacing?

Shoreline Electronics wrote:

Change these caps.

C424 (100mfd/35v)
C425 (470mfd/35v)