Tony Miklos

SNIP

The sump "bucket" measures 11 1/2" W
and 12" deep. A separate issue is even when the Flotec pump I have was
working correctly I still had a decent amount of water that would make
it's way into the basement because the point at which the tethered
float switch would turn on was when the water would reach the top of
the sump bucket. This water was from right around the sump but also in
other areas of the basement (seam at the bottom of the walls where the
floor meets the wall, and in some small cracks in the floor)

Start out by making the sump pit about twice the width and depth. (no
one said it was going to be fun) Don't skimp on the depth. Then follow
the other instructions on how to make it cycle properly, also making
sure it cycles when the water is no less than 12 inches from the top of
the floor.

--
Tony