Colin Irvine

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 21:38:40 +0000, John Rumm
squeezed out the following:

Colin Irvine wrote:

We've adopted the opposite approach. Our boiler has a decent
programmable timer, which is what we normally use. If it's freezing we
flick the boiler to "always on" and let the programmable thermostat do
its stuff.

Errr, I think that is the same, rather than the opposite! ;-)

i.e. I leave the boiler permanently on (it has no programmer of its own,
other than the on/off switch), and set the programmable stat to control
everything.

.... whereas most of the time we're relying on the boiler timer to
switch it on and off, and only rarely (in freezing conditions) leave
the boiler permanently on. That's the opposite to you - same as Dave.

--
Colin Irvine