Sam Goldwasser

"wave" wave@waving writes:

I know only panasonic call it inverter technology but I thought others could
be using the same technology without calling it inverter which is only a
name that panasonic have come up with to give this technology a brand and of
course this will be copyrighted so nobody else can use the term inverter in
their microwave ovens, i.e a marketing strategy.

Inverter is a common electronic term. It sounds impressive to the masses.
But, it's a much more complex technology than the traditional 3 component
high voltage power supply used in the vast majority of microwave ovens.

I don't really see how it's going to be much better at cooking except for
very short cooking times where the normal cycling doesn't have enough
resolution, time wise.

More info in the Microwave Over Repair Guide at the site below.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header is ignored.
To contact me, please use the Feedback Form in the FAQs.