James Sweet

Thanks, I have very little experience with microwaves but I have used a
panasonic with inverter technology and a much older microwave and the
panasonic was definitely better at cooking evenly etc..., don't know if

this
was to do with the inverter technology or some other improvement in modern
microwaves but it makes some sense to me that the inverter technology

would
give better cooking, a pity it is not standard among all microwaves then.

It's expensive to build, that's why it's not standard so far, but give it
time. Cooking even-ness is more a matter of cavity and waveguide design than
the power supply, I don't know about you but I don't remember the last time
I used anything less than full power to cook in a microwave, the lower power
I've only used for defrosting. I still think the inverter power supply is
cool, I just don't think it'll have all that noticeable of an effect on
cooking.