Grant Erwin

I don;lt know about you and your upper body and arm strength, but it
sure does not take long bending over or lifting the spotr welder up to
wear my broke ass out. I try and use mine while its clamped in a vise
and lift the work if its at all feasible to do so.......ONe day I will
get around to making a stand or one of the counter balancers for
it........Until you get used to it, actually get used to having it,
you will still find yourself going for different methods to attach
items etc, and then it will hit you .....duh, I can easily spot that
sucker.........IMHO they are handy.........I got mine on ebay, brand
spanking new Miller complete with extra tips and tongs for $60 some
bucks..........a few years back, and I was the sole bidder.......that
place took a beating on selling it that cheap........and shipping was
pretty cheap aswell considering how much it all weighed. Sometimes yu
luck out other times you getshafted.......

My upper body strength is nothing to write home about. However, my
spot welder is on a Miller pedestal with a footpedal. I spent 2 days
tearing it down cleaning it and repainting it recently. I found that
Zynolyte "deep blue" is a pretty close match for modern Miller blue.
Not exact, but close.

My spotwelder has longish deepish tongs, too. They're 18" long and clear 9½".

I didn't buy it on ebay -- zero shipping (well, coupla bucks gas money). A
local guy wound up with it when his company went bust and he was tired of
it taking up space. My kind of seller.

Grant