AK

Default patio door removal

"Bob Mannix" wrote in message

"mikey mike" wrote in message
Hi !,
new suite on order - we are going to have to remove the 'sliding

pane' of
the patio door in order to get it in

where do we start ?

Of course this may not apply to yours but, in the open position it

should be
possible to lever the door up off the bottom runner and then move

it out and
down, releasing the top. You shouldn't be able do this in the

closed
position (clearly, for security reasons). This procedure is fraught

with:

a) difficulty - it'll be very heavy and suitable levers are scarce
b) possibility of damage to the bottom edges

some great big sucking handles to go on the glass would also help,

if you
can get them

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

I needed to have a large window pane removed to get a sofa in, and
although I knew how to do it, I also knew the large pane would be
very heavy so I contacted a double glazing company who sent 2 men
around in the morning to remove the pane and they came back at the
end of the day and put it back again. they only charged me £30 and
well worth the money imho as I was worried about it getting broken.