John

When wanting extreme measures on my Unisaw with Bessy fence, I have
use a digital micrometer and Lee Valley rare earth magnetics to hold
the micrometer in place. Reads to 0.001 and is very repeatable, but
getting it to be EXACTLY a certain reading can take a good bit of
bumping and fine tuning the fence guided by the micrometer

I have also been know to take my Incra Jig off the router table and
clamp it's fench to the back of the Bessy fence AND then clamp the
plywood platform the Incra is attached to the the table extension -
gives me much easier positioning and when it is right I just lock the
Bessy fence down with it's clamp and off I go

John

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 20:46:05 GMT, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

"Eric Anderson" wrote in message
I built a micrometer adjustment for a Unisaw with a Unifence. It uses a
Starrett micrometer and works pretty well. It is compact and stays out of
the way until needed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/DSCF2037.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/DSCF2038.jpg

Nice work. Way more precise than the tools I use would call for, or the
materials I use as well. I cut mostly wood on my table saw. But... that
doesn't stop me from appreciating a really nice job all the same.