Lurch

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 15:15:39 GMT, "Alan"
strung together this:

Does anyone here know of a supplier of an adaptor to allow me to send
composite video over CAT5 cabling?
Situation is I already have CAT5 installed and adding dedicated video cable
would be *really* hard work. I believe CAT5 can do this, just a question of
using the right pairs.

Just flicking through one of the trade catalogues i can get convertors
for £9 each for video only, or £13 for video and power. These just use
a pair for TX\RX and you'll need two of each.
Active transmission is £39 for a TX and RX, which will TX\RX video,
audio and 12V across cat5 up to 2.4Km.
All + VAT and delivery.
These are professional units and are BNC\phono connections for
video\audio. Not sure what type of camera you've got, if it's one of
those DIY ones you might have to use a bit of ingenuity!
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd