John Aston

John Aston wrote in message
.. .
Ed Sirett wrote in message
news
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:40:21 +0000, John Aston wrote:

The drawing HD01 at http://tinyurl.com/3zv2g shows the proposed
hydraulic design for a large domestic heating system.
snip

This is similar to a system I installed a couple of years ago. with a

170L
HWC and a Keston C40 (that's about 37kW output but runs at about 35kW

due
to service main inadequacy). It works fine. Except I used a 5-way S-plan
and no UFH.

Since posting the drawing, I've decided to do away with the pumps on each
individual radiator circuit and replaced them with zone valves. A single
variable speed pump on the header's secondary outflow gets the hot water to
the various circuits.

I've also changed from Y-plan to S-plan.