IMM

"Mike" wrote in message

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 00:30:02 +0000, Dave Jones wrote:

I don't believe Part M covers new builds, and it wouldn't work if it

did,
you couldn't expect every new house to cater for every type of

disability,
and most disabled people have the houses modified to suit their

individual
needs as do non disabled people.

I have a customer who has moved into a £500k new 3 bed flat, and hates

the
fact that the sockets are 'half way' up the wall. New build are required
to comply AFAIK.

Most new-builds have the wiring done so that the sockets and light

switches
can be moved back to their proper places after final inspection. I would
expect at this price this flat can be as well and somebody has forgotten

do so.

The proper place is about 1/2 metre up the wall. New builds are not built
to move sockets around at all.