Bloody effin ramps. when even my most wheelchair bound guest can leap
good 2 " in his chair.

If all the money we spend on disabled access, were given to disabled
people to buy whatever it is that meets their special needs - and

bloody
ramps it ain't, nor bloody sockets halfway up walls - then they would

be
happy, we would be happy, and we could shoot Blunkett with impunity.

How nice to read some common sense for once. Only 5% of diabled people
are wheelchair users, yet the disability stuff only addresses
wheelchair users. Duh. And as you say, ramps and chair access are the
last things the majority of disabled want or need.

I lived in a house once with a mix of traditional low sockets and high
up ones. The high ones were forever dangerous, as the cord tends to
travel out as it travels down to the floor, so it was a constant
substantial trip hazard. It was also inconvenient and a total eyesore.

Would I be right in saying at least once a house is built you can
reposition your sockets where you want?

NT