Mike

"IMM" wrote in message

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
IMM wrote:

"ian mayo" wrote in message
Hi again all,

we've bought a wendy-house (see separate thread).

I'm considering installing an electrict greenhouse heater (120w or
similar) - both to take the bite out of the cold when the children

are
playing in it during the Winter, but also under the (possibly

mistaken)
idea
that having it on for a couple of hours per day would prolong the

life
of
the house.

The Wendy-house builder chap warned against use of such a heater, but

wasn't convinced.... He said that wood likes to be damp, and the

drying
effect of the heater would reduce the wendy-house life. If the
slow-steady
heat is destructive I'd be happy enough to (safely) fit a convector

heater
for the period when the children are actually in there. I just want

double-check the builder's statement.

So, I'd appreciate any advice on heating my lovely new erection ;-]

Cheers,

Insulate the inside first. Use Kingspan or Celotex which is high

performing
and thin, put Fermacell boards over that with a vapour barrier beneath

the
Fermacell. No wet trades involved and a great finish and cheap to

heat.

Whack in a couple of combis too, and you're done.

Perfect.

Have to see the look on the BCO's face when he comes out to check them :-)