sofie

stryped:
Do not continue to operate the television with this problem..... get it to
a repair shop and have it fixed right away. If you wait and try to nurse
this along it will get worse to the point that the resulting repair will be
much more expensive.
Right now, based on the limited information that you posted I would guess
that this is the "common" CTC 175, 185, 187 etc...chassis problem with
on-board tuner ground solder connections.
This is not a repair for the novice, take it to a shop for at the very least
a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision with
facts instead of internet guesses. More than likely at this point the
repair will be fairly economical unless you wait too long or try to perform
a buggered up home repair attempt.
While you don't have to be a rocket scientist to perform this repair, it
does require the proper knowledge, experience, tools, procedure, etc.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a Tv given to me from my parents when they got a big screen. It
is an RCA I think. It is a "CabinentTV" for lack of a better term.

It is my main TV in the living room. Even since my parents had it, when
watching "over air" channels, especially 2 and 4 all of a sudden the
picture goes out or gets week and there is a terible "shrieking". I can
jiggle the coax in the back and make it go away but it does it again. A
year or two ago I took the back off and my guess is it is something in
the coax connection on the tv itself. How would I go about diagnosing
and repairing this?