Todd Fatheree

"J T" wrote in message
Tue, Dec 7, 2004, 6:22pm (EST-1) (Todd Fatheree)
says:
snip "Cost" is not a variable in the equation that determines "price"
in my book.

You lost me there. Going by that, it seems to me that different
prices on wood does make cost a variable that determines price.

Or, are you saying that the price, over and above the materials
cost, would have been the same in either case? If that's what you're
saying, then I would say I agree. Except I probably would have said it
different.

I'm saying that a table made of ebony would command a higher price in the
market. My main point of disagreement is that I don't start with "cost" and
work my way up to "price". I start with "price" (what the market is willing
to pay) and work backward, taking "cost" out to end up with profit.

todd