Ba r r y

On 08 Dec 2004 11:34:00 GMT, ospam (Kevin Daly)
wrote:

Here in CT, 100 bd/ft is $3.25 - $3.60 for S2S Red & White Oak.
Qsawn White Oak is $7.25 & up

OK, where are you getting your red and white oak? The woodrack in Branford has
4/4 q-sawn white oak at $5/bd ft. Their red oak is $4 a bd ft for 4/4 and the
white is $3.50. The last time I bought wood was at Harris Enterprise in
Manchester, I needed poplar which was 2.10/bf. It's a long haul (115 mile
round trip) so I wait until I'm ready to buy a bunch before I head out that
way. They no longer list their prices on their website though.

Kevin Daly

You mean like these?

http://www.cwghardwoodoutlet.com/products.htm

Harris is usually in the ballpark, and TWR is often a bit higher. I
just noticed Harris stopped listing prices. That must have started in
the last month or so.

TWR's Qsawn white is now $5.75, so it might be headed to CWG's price.
8^(

Barry