Todd Fatheree

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Todd Fatheree" wrote in message

Nice. Because we disagree, I have to be stupid.

Those are your words, not mine. I've read too many of your posts to

believe
that.

Perhaps there is an alternate interpretation of "don't quit your day job"
that I'm unfamiliar with.

IOW, _after_ you figured your "costs", you then practiced the art of being

good businessman in your final pricing.

You have mistakenly assumed somewhere that I said you shouldn't know your
costs beforehand. That's not what I said. I said that you don't take that
number and calculate your price based on cost plus something. "Cost" is not
a variable in the equation that determines "price" in my book.

Just for grins ... and be honest now ... just exactly what was the ratio

of
the price your customer paid to your cost on the maple & padauk table?

My original estimate put the material cost at about 40% of the price. (I
don't do this for a living, so I'm not real careful about keeping track of
costs and I'm sure where things ended up). Had the maple been ebony like he
originally wanted, the ratio of material to price would have been a lot
higher.

todd