RAM^3

"Ronnie" wrote in message
ups.com...
I need to build a 5' wide by 8' long ATV trailer. I priced a new axle
through the local trailer axle place and it's $350.00 for a 2000 lbs
rolling axle with no brakes, 14" tires and wheels and two bare
fenders...holy batcakes ****man!

I know there's gotta be something out there in the auto boneyard that
would have a leaf spring type axle that could be harvested cheaper than
that...problem is I'm not to sure what it would be.

I'm hoping someone out there has just the idea I need to kick off my
next project. Thanks and Happy Holidays !

Ronnie

Why not do it the Auld Fassion Way: start out with the back half of a
half-ton pickup minus the driveshaft.

Pull the spider and ring gear out of the differential and weld an "A"-shaped
tongue onto the front.

If you just want the springs/shocks/axle to put on your own frame that'll
work too.

Your biggest problem will be installing brakes, if needed.