Tim Wescott

Ronnie wrote:

I need to build a 5' wide by 8' long ATV trailer. I priced a new axle
through the local trailer axle place and it's $350.00 for a 2000 lbs
rolling axle with no brakes, 14" tires and wheels and two bare
fenders...holy batcakes ****man!

I know there's gotta be something out there in the auto boneyard that
would have a leaf spring type axle that could be harvested cheaper than
that...problem is I'm not to sure what it would be.

I'm hoping someone out there has just the idea I need to kick off my
next project. Thanks and Happy Holidays !

Ronnie

Either go to a U-pull-it place and wander around, or go to a regular
wrecking yard and ask. Any light truck with leaf springs should give
you a decent rear axle to play with.

Or start reading your classifieds for el-cheapo trucks and use the whole
back end for a classic back-of-a-pickup trailer.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services