Roger Shoaf

"Chris Wilson" wrote in message
I am re building a tube frame race car panelled in ali sheets that were
powder coated pre riveting. If I un-rivet the panels, many of which are
quite intricately formed, is there a safe way to remove powder coating
from fairly soft grade alloy sheet? I then want to re powder coat them,
probably in a different colour to the black which they are now. Most
have had some abrasion that has rubbed through the powder coating, some
have a bit of fretting around the odd rivet.

Thanks.

--
Best regards,
Chris.

I got a hold of some powder coated box tubing that I was going to weld into
a frame. Even after an overnight soak in a methelyne chloride based
stripper, (Jasco) I ended up grinding it off.

Good luck.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.