pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner
wrote back on Tue, 07 Dec 2004 19:40:20 GMT in
rec.crafts.metalworking :

Say, Ive got an idea..why not address the issues raised in the
article? Or would that harm your world view in some fashion, which is
the reason you are attempting such a pitiful deflection?

As to education after the 8th grade..given the quality of education
our children appear to be not getting lately...Id have to say the Left
has already banned it.

they haven't banned it, they've just stretched it out so that it takes
twelve to sixteen years.

I was listening to an Andy Griffith album the other night, recorded in
the 1960s, and he is re-tell the story of Anthony and Cleopatra. He has
Ceaser say on meeting Cleopatra "Ares mutantas longes vita, mutandus
brevis", which he translates as "As sure as the vine winds round the stump,
you are my darling, sugar lump." ("Even in High School he was good at
verses.") [You can try that out the next time your a-courting some young
thing. Either the Latin or his translation.
Anyway, it hit me, once again, that in the last hundred years, we have
gone from an Education Establishment which taught Latin and Greek in High
Schools, to one which offers Remedial English in Colleges.

They are, after all, in charge of the Education system in the US.....

But boy are they opposed to monopolies in other areas.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
Most of the intelligentsia haven't studied history, so much