Charles Middleton

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

The dimmer control for mine is simply a pot which carries a safe low
voltage so is easy to situate wherever required. Several fittings may

also
be ganged to the same pot. I've actually used a motorised ALPs one

which
can also be operated by a remote - same idea as a Hi-Fi one where the
volume control turns.

I presume then that the dimming control is not inline with the mains
and that the system is wired directly to the mains and then the dimmer
control is on a seperate circuit?

Im not sure I could implement that as it would involve major
redirecting of cables etc. I need some sort of inline solution that
could work with the existing dimming switch I think.

Other than that I would have to replace the dimmer with a normal switch
and put the dimming control elsewhere. How easy is it to make the
dimming remote control?

CM.