woodgrinder

Well, as I understand it, "Barah" is a Hebrew verb that means "to
create out of nothing" or in Latin, Ex Nihilo. This is opposed to
assembling something out of existing parts. It's not a term you see
everyday. In woodturning circles (pun intended), we are relasing the
Bowl Within, rather than an Ex Nihilo creation. I'm afraid I'll have
to vote no to Barah.

I kind of like CLUTCH but similar-sounding CATCH has more meaning, as
most lathes I've seen don't have clutches, but belt-drives or
direct-drives. Technically they could be considered clutches, but it
doesn't feel like it to me.

Possible alternatives: a ROUND of turners. Or for the eccentric chuck
set, an OFF-CENTER of woodturners. For spindle turners: a COVE of
turners. How about a SPIN of turners? Or, based on how we actually
act, a CURMUDGEONRY of turners? Hm. Then there could be a CHUCK of
turners. Naw, let's chuck that one out.

Aw, CATCH is something I'm used to -- like when I do my exploding bowl
trick. Let's use that.
John Pierce
Maker of Fine Wood Chips and Sawdust