Aidan

"...sopunds getting oit."

Sounds like a line from 'The Jabberwocky'. The lad has a great future
in nonsense verse. His nonsense prose won't catch on, though.

Whether it would keep you awake? It depends on how noisy it is (I've no
idea) and how lightly you sleep (no idea). There is very little
background noise at, say, 4 a.m. when the boiler might fire up.
'Inaudible' sounds are much more intrusive.

I know a gas fitter who put a boiler in his loft, but found it woke
him up every morning. That was a few years back, boilers may be quieter
now.