Ken Davey

Ignoramus18778 wrote:
On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:56:44 -0600, Ken Davey
wrote:
Ignoramus18778 wrote:
An update: The shutdown solenoid that must be engaged for the fuel
to go to the engine, does not seem to respond to 12V. I supplied
12V via 10 gauge wires, right to the contacts, and the solenoid
does not budge and there is no spark when the wires make the
contact. Am I trying something wrong?

Sounds like a dead solenoid - bummer.
A re-wind shop may be able to fix it - or you may be able to do the
repair. Not all that complex.

Yes, I also cranked the engine and there was about 10 volts on the
solenoid terminals, to no avail. I am going to now take it off, take
apart, and check in accordance with the maintenance manual.

I would like to fix it DIY, if I can, if not, I will order a new one
from a dealer. I have a gut feeling that it is not really dead. I
probably messed up something when I took it apart and oiled
yesterday. Note that the engine did run very well after I put the
solenoid back in. But it would not run the next day.

Ken.

Aha!
You didn't mention the 'lube job'.
Dissasmble and de-grease.