George

No video, but a thought. If the tools' conformations are comfortable to
you, use them as your jig, just as you would when honing other tools.

With HSS, a slow grinder, and soft wheels, you can easily do the same on
your wheels. Act as if you were cutting on the lathe, anchoring on the
toolrest, laying the heel of the bevel to the wheel and bringing the handle
up to "take a cut" in reverse.

"Jon Endres, PE" t wrote in
message ...

What I'd like to find is a video or something that can effectively teach a
novice turner how to do a good job on sharpening lathe tools. It'll be

for
both of us, because I need practice. I have a year-old set of Crown

Pro-PM
tools that I'm afraid to touch at this point, due to being away from a

lathe
for a year and out of practice.