Mark Spice

Default Compliance with building regs

My wife has been in a discussion on a web forum about access for the
disabled in new homes. One of the people on this forum is claiming that the
majority of house builders are not complying with Part M of the building
regs, that they are saving huge piles of cash and getting away with it.

Does this seem likely to you guys? I believe that new houses with an NHBC
warranty are not inspected by the BCO but by an NHBC inspector. Is this the
case and do you think this is likely to have a bearing on the issue?

Just wondering really and this seemed like the best informed group available
(*)

Cheers

Mark

(*) well it was uk.diy or uk.legal and as this doesn't involve Blunkett or
speed cameras I didn't thnk there would be many takers on UKL :-)