On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 09:22:20 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On 06 Dec 2004 14:28:55 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
calmly ranted:

rcook writes:

Increasingly the skill is shifting to the machine from the human. It's
not entirely there yet and it may never be for most things. However
the process has been going on for more than a century.

Then how come I have a "Measure Once, Curse Twice" sign in my shop?

Because:
1) Your momma didn't raise no stupid children?
2) You can learn from experience?

Pick one.

Seriously, I said the skill is increasingly being shifted into the
machine. Not that it's completely there yet, or perhaps ever will be.

--RC

Think about the first caveman discovering a sharp edge on a rock, and finding
it made him more skillfull at killing his prey than did the older, blunt edged
rock. It's been going on for way more than a century.

Right. How EVER did cavemen get along over a century ago?
(/editor humor)

CAUTION: Do not use remaining fingers as pushsticks!
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development

You can tell a really good idea by the enemies it makes