Gunner

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 00:01:18 +0000, Guido wrote:

So the hunting has nothing to do with food then.

The hunting has only something to do with food. I rather like the
taste of venison and the local market doesnt sell it.

Too sweet for my taste. However, your retreat is noted:

"Only problem is..its a celluloid deer and those
are not the type I hunt and eat."

Retreat? Suggesting I should hunt and eat a Disney cartoon cell
(celluloid) deer rather than the flesh and blood ones I do hunt and
eat is a retreat? Dunkirk was a retreat old boy. Do pay attention.

All of which goes directly back into the local economy, and the
Pitman-Robertson taxes goes directly into game management,
conservation and so forth.

Frame it a tax Gunner supports.

Yep. I do support some.

I donate quite a few dollars every year directly and indirectly
towards preservation and management. And support local enconomies.

You on the other hand...dont.

Nope I just wander down the lane to see Phil at the local farm:
http://www.choppingblock.co.uk/butchers.htm

And this has what to do with benefiting the local wildlife?

Bugger all! Though I do pay a few $100s each year into
various wildlife trusts and conservation groups. Even set
one of them up back in the 1970s, and another back in 1980.

Good lad. Now about hunting?

if its venison then I'll drop into Pailton on the way home.

So you admit you are too gutless to harvest your own meat.

Why not?

Each to his own.

You are an idiot. You'd be puking your guts up the moment you
started to field dress a game animal, but will express satisfaction
with buying a chunk of meat. pha!

Yep I wear leather shoes too, but have no desire to have a
tannery in my backyard either.

Good for you. I evidently am made of sterner stuff. Btw..your
hypocrasy is noted. You are a self confessed meat eater and yet
castigate others for eliminating the middle man.

"made of sterner stuff" - Don't exaggerate:

I butcher my own meat when necessary, from the time I squeeze the
trigger to the time it goes on the grill. You prefer to buy yours and
have someone else do the dirty work. Id say thats not Sterner stuff.
Castigate: To inflict severe punishment on.
To criticize severely.

you poor sensitive soul you.

Because you criticize..doesnt mean it affects me much. Or at all.

But then..you ARE British.

Perhaps - could be French!

I suspect you actually are. At least in spirit.

What was that was said about the French...hairy unwashed surrender
monkeys...?

Gunner

"The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch and not dressed any better,
on average, than the citizens of Baltimore.
True, you can sit outside in Paris and drink little cups of coffee,
but why this is more stylish than
sitting inside and drinking large glasses of whiskey I don't know."
-- P.J O'Rourke (1989)