Craig

Default mill advice needed

The company I work for is looking to purchase a milling machine. Can
you guys give some advice, they probably wont go for a Bridgeport. One
company told us that Bridgeport was bought out and is not making
machines anymore but there may still be some around.
The people we will be dealing with sell Jet, Wilton, Vectrax. Which of
these are the better machine. MSC lists Vectrax as the highest quality
import. We are looking at 10"x54" table, variable speed, R-8 spindle,
digital readout, X Y power feed (maybe knee also) coolant system,
tooling package. Any input from you guys would be great.
Thanks,
Craig