jhill

It sounds like you have threaded pipes, and the problem is that you cannot
unthread them. You will have to saw out a section, put new threads on the
raw ends of the pipe and reassemble using a union. A pretty big job.
"Lawrence Wasserman" wrote in message
In article ,
Leroy Mowry wrote:
I am trying to replace a stuck gate valve that does not close,
probably due to hard water. From the gate valve are pipes
that runs three feet in both direction from the well pumping
tank and into the concrete floor. Someone had connected the
gate valve onto the pipe before setting the concrete. In order
to remove the valve I would have to twist a pipe. Their seems
to be no way to twist the pipes. What's a practical way to
remove the gate valve and install a ball valve in in cases
like this?

Thanks

Just leave the gate valve where it is in the full-open position, and
install the ball valve just downstream of the gate valve.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland