Lurch

Default Dremel Multi Tool or Cheaper alternative?

For larger jobs where an adaptable and more substantial tool is
needed, I have a Fein Multimaster.

This is a much more substantial tool with a 180W motor which delivers
an oscillating motion at the head. There are dozens of accessories
which make it useful for detail or even more substantial sanding jobs
as well as cutting of various materials, scraping etc. I tend to use
this more than the Dremel, although it varies according to the jobs
that I am doing.

http://www.fein.de/fein-multimaster/...ter/index.html

These start at slightly north of £100, but well worth the cost.

I was thinking of mentioning that one as a more GP tool. I too have
one, with all the extra bits. Can't fault it at all, it's got me out
of allsorts of tricky situations - well recommended.
My Dad uses a Rotozip, apparently that does quite well for getting out
of tricky situations, and slightly larger than the Dremel powerwise.
Definitely more useful for DIY than a Dremel.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.