Abe

This morning, as I headed toward the kitchen to have breakfast, I noted that
my 10-year-old infrequently-used General Electric "XL44" gas range was
making an "alarm" sound near the clock area that was NOT the distinct alarm
of the Minute Timer, which I can turn on and off at will (and which I
believe is the only alarm the range has). This alarm sound would go from
barely audible for a few moments to a true "alarm" that could be heard from
the basement and then back to a dull roar. As I pressed the two other
"timer" knobs next to the clock (the Minute Timer is set in the oven clock),
the noise slightly changed in tone but did not stop.
As I let the noise run for a while, I noticed that the clock was not keeping
the correct time. Do oven clocks act like this when their "time" is up? Any
suggestions?

Is this an analog clock? If it is, it sure sounds like it's time to
replace the clock unit.

BTW, the model # you provided doesn't match anything in the parts
databases I looked at. What's the full model # from the tag?