Charles A. Sherwood

Do you have soft jaw capabilities? That's the slickest way to do a thin
item. Once you've turned and cut off the piece, the bored soft jaws will
hold it dead perpendicular and concentric within a half thou easily. Face
to length, deburr, then drill your holes as required.

NO, But I think it time. It sounds like you are suggesting boring some
soft jaws about 1/16 deep to hold the parted disk. I guess a 5C soft
collet would work too.

You can also turn it from sheet metal of the proper thickness after cutting
it out oversized, then pressing between a piece of stock held in a chuck and
a plug that is center drilled to accept a live center in the tailstock.
Light cuts are required, but it works fine. I use both methods, depending
on the job at hand.

I could also make a fixture to hold the sheet metal with pins that
would accurately center the blank. Nice idea.