Lawrence Wasserman

In article , john wrote:
I have a harbor freight little oil filled compressor. I tried using it
today after a very cold night. It made a few trouble noises and stopped. I
reset the overload switch and tried again. Same result. Tried again, this
time it tripped the breaker. I reset the breaker (apparently not having the
brains I was born with...) and tried again. This time it made it and ran
normally.

This probably isn't a good thing to do to the compressor, and won't work at
all next month when it is even colder..

What do people do about this?

If it's small enough and you have the space you could put it in a
heated area during cold weather. If that's not practical, check the
owners manual for cold weather oil recommendations. IME most
compressors call for straight 30 weight oil, often non-detergent.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland