Brian White

Regardless of personally lax attitudes about it, ANY modifications violate the
listing, and for practical purposes, makes all previous testing and measurement
completely worthless. Legal? If there is a fire or accident involving the
altered device, expect the lawyers and insurance companies to focus all their
attentions and energy on the fact it was modiffied, regardles if the
modification actually played any part whatsoever.

That's what I said. It's true legally, but not practically. Perhaps you
should read what I wrote instead of just flaming.

Losing insurance coverage by doing something stupid doesn't strike me as being
very practical. Your estimate of a .6v difference could be correct or it could
be very far off. You haven't taken a long list of variables into consideration.

When it comes to the law, there's very little "practical" about it. It's
about image and what you can convince others of. FUD is far more effective
than truth.

If you think my 0.6V estimate is off, please provide the variables you
mention and how they effect the calculation. I'm always interested
in learning new things and I assume others on this group are, too.
Spread facts, not FUD.

Brian
( )

Leave it to the computer industry to shorten "Year 2000" to "Y2K".
It's that sort of thinking that led to the problem in the first place.
( Couldn't verify my signature? Use
http://www.precidia.com/precidia.crt )