Andy Hall

Default Bath sealant

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 00:36:40 -0000, "Lawrie"
wrote:

Can anyone help, please.

I have just resealed my bath as the old sealant looked horrible and was very
thick.
I thought I had done a pretty good job with a much smaller and neater line
of sealant.

Now I find that after using the shower, a line of water lies on the sealant
because the inner edge of the bath next to the wall curves down so that my
small line of sealant is lower than the side of the bath. ( I had foolishly
assumed that the edge of a bath next to the wall would be horizontal in
order to avoid this but I suppose this means having baths left or
right-handed.

My question is; can you put more sealant on top of existing sealant to
build it up, and is there any easy way of smoothing it out to make sure that
you don't get any part lower than the side of the bath to avoid pools of
water.

Lawrie

You can overlay sealant as long as it is silicone and not acrylic
(smells like vinegar when curing) and has only been done in the last
few days. Make sure it's dry and clear of any soap etc.

However, to be honest, it would be a better job to start again.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl